Chakra Imbalances Reveal the Story Behind Your Pain
Do you have chronic physical or emotional pain? If so, do you treat the pain, but it never really goes away. Or, does it subside, just to come back again. More than likely, that’s because the pain is just a symptom something more. In fact, often physical and emotional symptoms are a reflection of a web of internal imbalances that could have formed over a long time. Because chakra energy flows through all of your energy bodies (i.e., physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual), chakra imbalances reveal the whole story behind your pain. Thus working with them can help you discover and resolve the broader web of issues. And in so doing, you can heal beyond the immediately obvious symptoms.
Conventional Pain Treatment
Most doctors want to pinpoint a specific cause and solution for their patients’ expressed symptoms. In fact, most patients generally want that too. Who wouldn’t? It’s straightforward. Hence, the path to recovery is ostensibly more unambiguous and decisive. Nonetheless, you’re probably well aware this particular problem is not that simple. After all, whatever you’ve tried hasn’t resolved it yet.
That’s because there’s a deeper fuller story beyond what you see on the surface. In other words, you can quickly identify a plausible story connected to your pain like “My neck hurts. I must have slept on it funny.” Yet, more than likely there’s more to it than you think. And, getting into and relating to that fuller story on all levels at once (i.e., physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual) is what will allow you to fully understand the issues, acquire the wisdom tied up within them, release that locked up energy, and take important steps to heal for real.
This is how assessing your chakra imbalances can guide you to understand and resolve your pain.
Healing Energy and the Full Story Behind Your Pain
Unraveling the Whole Story of Your Pain
In my experience, clients tend to compartmentalize their issues. For example, a client might say: “Well, my neck is so stiff and painful and it keeps me from getting a good night’s sleep. Can you fix that?”
Then, during the session, I’ll discover some energetic imbalances which reveal more. For example, there’s dense stuck energy in her knees. The flood gates open.
She adds she also has chronic nagging pain in her right leg, but she thinks it’s because she doesn’t exercise enough. And, that’s because she habitually overworks. In addition, she’s unhappy with her career but can’t find the energy to pursue something new and more rewarding. Plus, her father really wanted her to be an accountant and paid for her expensive education. The salary is great too.
So what happened? As I shared what I sensed and she reflected inwardly, pieces of her fuller story started to unfold. One thing led to another. My client did more than passively receive and release superficial imbalances. She personally participated in her own healing. Importantly, she could now reassess how she thinks and feels about these issues and how they relate to her physical symptoms. In other words, she could listen to her body and how she embodies her life experiences. She could also appreciate her fuller reaction to these life events.
In this way, she began to address the physical, emotional, mental, or spiritual aspects that make up the web of her inner imbalance, including those various aches and pains. From this vantage point, she can create a plan to heal and live more holistically.
How Chakra Imbalances Tell the Client’s Whole Story
Let’s look at the same scenario, only this time including an assessment of her chakras, chakra imbalances, and what they can illuminate.
This discussion is only for illustration purposes because each client’s story is different and only the client can discern her unique story. Your story is unique to you. Plus, I typically work on the entire body and all layers of the aura during each healing session, not just the chakras.
Before diving in, you might like to review information on the chakras, their function, and their influence. I’m assuming you have prior knowledge here. For a refresher, search my Mind, Body, Spirit Blog for my posts on the chakras.
Balancing Chakras Helps Knits the Energetic Experience Together
When I balance a client’s chakras, I work with each one individually and in relation to the others. I sense the quality of the energy (e.g, warm, throbbing, sticky, empty) and how one chakra might pull on another one or more of the others. Most of my observations derive from sensing, some through intuition. Interpreting my observations, my client divulges her story. In the process we also balance her energy, creating more life moving forward flow.
5 Energy Observations and What They Might Mean
I’ve included five observations about the chakras here for illustration. In reality, there could be more or less.
- Her sacral chakra dominates. It’s strong and pulsating. It appears to pull on both her root and throat chakras. My client talks about how her father has always had strong opinions and significant influence over her choices. He encouraged her to pursue an accounting career largely due to his deep corporate experience and her strong math and analytic skills. On the contrary, she really prefers to be of direct service to others.
- The root relates to basic needs and security, and the legs and feet are an extension of the root. They reflect motion or action. The right side of the body represents forward and outward motion. Her chronic pain and the dense stuck energy in her knees suggest she’s not able to move forward or draw to herself what she authentically desires. She’s also concerned for her financial security should she shift careers.
- I notice her heart chakra is airy and weak. Again, another sign she’s not following her heart and connecting with her higher self.
- The throat chakra is associated with communication and the manifestation of intentions and purpose. Her stiff neck reflects her inability to fulfill her life purpose and the sense that she is stuck where she is and unable to communicate her plight to her father. She may not want to openly admit her mistake to others in general.
- Both her solar plexus and crown chakras feel pushy and exert some pain in the center of my palms. For her part, she rattles off a whole series of reasons why she can’t change her situation. No doubt, these energies represent my client’s limiting thoughts and beliefs holding her in place.
Hopefully, this gives you an idea of how chakra imbalances can reveal the story behind your pain. Also worth noting, these imbalances can give you insights into the significant mind, body, and spirit interconnections and how to proceed more holistically.
A Real Path to Healing
This isn’t to say that energy work and chakra balancing replace conventional medicine but rather be complementary in very important and informative ways. Most definitely, this type of healing practice can offer you greater knowledge and control over your unique healing path.
With this information in hand, you’ll gain clarity and authentic emotional and spiritual understanding. You’ll begin to identify limiting thoughts and beliefs that trap or misguide you.
In the above example, the elusive cause of my client’s physical pain was actually tied to the choices she made, the lifestyle she maintains, and the fact that she’s paid too little attention to her embodied self: her whole self. But, now she can take steps to place herself in the center. She can live from the inside out by following her own inner compass.
Patricia Bonnard, Ph.D., ACC is an integrated coach, and energy healer offering a blend of conventional coaching, embodied practice, and energy healing to help clients make important life decisions creatively and authentically. Join one of her virtual personal growth workshops to learn how. See more and contact her at Starchaser Integrated Coaching and Energy Healing.